This section provides additional information that is useful for our customers. If you are having trouble finding what you are looking for, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Ordering Perforated Metal Sheets & Plates
1. Quantity – State the number of perforated pieces required.
2. Thickness – Specify in gauge numbers or in decimal inches.
3. Metal – State the kind of metal required.
4. Width & Length – Unless otherwise specified, the length will be the long dimension of the sheet.
5. Perforation Size – Specify the size of perforation in inches.
6. Perforation Shape – See the various types of perforations we supply here.
7. Arrangement of Perforations – Specify “Staggered” or “Straight Line” or other patterns. Normally the straight row of a staggered pattern will run the long way of the sheet.
8. Spacing of Perforations – This can be specified as the distance between hole centers, the percent of open area or, in the case of small holes, as the number of holes per square inch.
9. Margins – If margins are not important, specify “Minimum or no margins”.
10. Other Information – For slotted perforations – specify whether the long direction of the slot is parallel to the long or short dimension of the sheet or plate.